Friday, April 24, 2015

Is It July Yet?

Since my 'Lions Tigers And Concerts Oh My' post I'm up two more concert tickets. I've got myself a ticket to see Marilyn Manson and Smashing Pumpkins. I'm also set with a Van Halen ticket. Sadly, I did not get a Rolling Stones ticket. The purchasing process was one of the most confusing I've ever seen. So they quickly sold out and slipped through my fingers. So I did the right thing and got tickets to the shows I mentioned. I also purchased the tickets during a Live Nation promotion so I got $60 concert cash, so I need to get myself some Rush tickets but I'm juggling my finances around to make sure I see plenty of concerts but don't end up a poor beggar on the streets. Alex is going to be getting tickets to see a few country acts. So the future of this blog looks to be full of eclectic concert reviews. Jack FM recently announced their 10th show, I might go to that, but I'm not that drawn to the lineup. Lit, Everclear, Bush, Cake, Tears For Fears. I might go, but only if I can afford it. I'd like to see Cake for the first time, and Tears For Fears and Bush... meh... and you should know by now I've seen Lit and Everclear ;-)


Marilyn Manson will be fun to see for a 3rd time. He is such a dynamic performer and he's really gotten a lot of his old steam back recently. With the release of his most recent album The Pale Emperor, Marilyn Manson is really packing a punch for the first time in years. I feel like the first time I saw Manson perform was right before he got carried away with drugs and depression, then the second show he seemed to be drowning, and now I'm really looking forward to seeing the new Marilyn Manson. The first time I saw Marilyn Manson the band Slayer opened. What a hell raising concert that was, I remember mosh pits of fire on the lawn. Another interesting event of that evening was the entire band chanting "fuck Marilyn Manson". The deal with that was brought on by the fact that Slayer was an opener, which some including myself believe Slayer should have been headliner. The audience seemed to have more Slayer fans in general.


http://nme.assets.ipccdn.co.uk/images/gallery/09220_161009_marilynmansondownload06_AK_.jpg
Then the second time seeing Marilyn Manson was a tour co headlined with Alice Cooper. 'The Masters Of Madness' tour. If you know anything about these two artists you'll understand how unbelievably theatrical and visual the show was. As mentioned in a past post I have managed to see Alice Cooper twice. Alice Cooper is a must see, I promise you would not be disappointed.

Smashing Pumpkins I have not seen at all, same goes for Van Halen. I always enjoy putting another name onto the list of acts I've seen perform live. The Rolling Stones I have seen, and I am really damn disappointed I'm not going to be seeing them this time around. Last time I saw them I was in the pit, I was so close I could see the sweat roll down their faces. So I can at the very least rest easily knowing that should they call it quits anytime soon I've managed to see them in the best possible setting ever. This was a raffle seat as well, so it was complete luck of the draw that I got to nestle down into the pit.

I really need to shake a leg on getting Rush tickets, it's getting nearer and nearer and it's been too long since I've had a Neil Pert drum solo rattle my insides.

That's it for this week folks... stay classy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return Of The Dreads Tour

It's been too long. About 10 years since I last saw Rob Zombie .  The first time I had ever seen Rob Zombie was a one off show in at the...