Friday, July 17, 2015

Van Halen



http://www.vhnd.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/1982.jpghttp://images.onset.freedom.com/pressenterprise/gallery/nrd8ws-peentvhreview0713tlpq.jpg
Just this last Tuesday night I was at it again. Dan was going to a concert; as if I wasn't still stoked about the Marilyn Manson and The Smashing Pumpkins concert. I was ready to travel back in time to the 1980s to experience one of the most flamboyant front men along with the greatest guitarist there ever was; or at least a guitarist who has been featured on many many top list of greatest ever. A true electric guitar ninja, and the bands namesake; Eddie Van Halen.
Van Halen back at it again, a David Lee Roth fronted Van Halen with Alex Van Halen on drums and Wolfgan Van Halen on bass. Where's Michael Anthony? Well, according to Eddie Van Halen, he was taught most of his bass lines and wasn't that important to the band. However, that's Eddie Van Halen speaking, through his fake teeth. I'm not going to dive into the politics of Van Halen because it's not a very nice timeline and people still have a hard time getting along.
I'm just gonna take in the fact that it was. Myself, my girlfriend, my buddy James (squirrel), his sister Allison, Danielle, and my mom and pops. I even knew a slue of other people in the audience that night. A band so dynamic in the 80s that despite much action and success in decades, we were all brought together to witness a band that hit their stride and sat on top during the decade of 80s hair and screaming guitars.

David Lee Roth is still David Lee Roth, and anyone who knows his personality knows exactly what I'm talking about. He was cocky, big headed, and full of energy. And he put on the best performance he could but while also not hesitating to  ramble on a few stories, and dawn a couple different outfits.
Then there's the band behind David that makes the whole package come together. It's what people generally feel comfortable with. Everyone fell in love with a Van Halen fronted by the ice cream man. Hit after hit, music was tight, and David Lee Roth hammed his way into the hearts of thousands. He certainly couldn't sing his way there anyone. But that's okay!

http://images.onset.freedom.com/pressenterprise/gallery/nrd8wj-peentvhreview0713tlpj.jpgMy parents recently challenged me to perform a rating system to give to the people. There are so many criteria in which to rate a band. I have to take into account my own feelings, who is and isn't in the band, stage lighting, set design, song list.
I'm gonna give this show
2 out of 5 David Lee Roth screams
5 out of 5 Melted faces
2 out of 5 Audience power
5 out of 5 Legendary
3 out of 5 Story Telling
3 out of 4 Van Halen's (ah... see what I did there?)




4 comments:

  1. I dont like at first..... but later on there was nothing better..... buy sports tickets

    ReplyDelete
  2. During the concert fire extinguishers, first-aid kits, and other safety equipment must be kept within easy access.Manchester Parking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Show was bit disappointing is the fact that it was basically a re-hash of the last tour.
    cheapest parking gatwick

    ReplyDelete
  4. These were managment flaws and the issue must be resolved with the help of appropriate management.
    meet and greet Heathrow

    ReplyDelete

Return Of The Dreads Tour

It's been too long. About 10 years since I last saw Rob Zombie .  The first time I had ever seen Rob Zombie was a one off show in at the...