Saturday, November 28, 2015

Matt Nathanson

The Troubadour is such a cool little intimate venue full of history that makes it more than an iconic venue. I'm usually busy seeing huge stadium bands and it's always nice when a smaller act brings me back to a venue like the Troubadour. My third time at this venue and the second time seeing Matt Nathanson. Matt Nathanson is a singer songwriter who ensnares his fans with a poetic genius. After hammering out album after album over the past couple of decades, Matt Nathanson has a recognizable following. If you're unfamiliar with him, go check it out. I had never been familiar with Matt until my girlfriend introduced me to him. He's actually what I call a department store artist, because he had a relatively chart happy hit in the early thousands that you'll be likely to hear over the speakers of a JC Penny or Target. 
think his diehard fans like his celebrity prowess just fine and I agree. I have a similar relationship with some favorite artists of mine. I'm glad they aren't too big. Smaller bands are fun in an intimate sort of way. Scorpions will Rock Me Like a Hurricane, and David Bowie will take me on a Moonage Daydream, but I'll either have a nosebleed or I'll be broke. I'll gladly take my small shows like The Adicts, Blue October, and Matt Nathanson. 

This show was fun because It was the first thing we have been able to do in a while; she's been really busy and so have I. It's always a treat to go out and do something really fun with her. Before the show we managed to go and get our belly's full of I-Hop and got in line early enough to be very close to the stage. The one downside to the intimate venue is being sardined in general admission standing in one spot for hours on end. My senses were happy but my back was not.

This was a fun set. The show was opened up by Matt's cousin/guitarist. Then with minimum intermission Matt Nathanson was on the stage. It was just the two of them for most of the set aside from 2 songs where his whole band came on stage. It was a stripped down show with something I had never seen before. A song wheel. If you want to know what Matt Nathanson is going to play when you go see him on this tour. GOOD LUCK! The song wheel was as explained by Matt "so, if you are unhappy about anything I didn't play, you can blame it on the fucking wheel." Matt Nathanson is such a ham. His sets are 2 parts. One part stand up comedy show, one part singer songwriter jams. He played a good 18 song I believe, with some deep cuts, some cuts off his new album and a few things in between. It was a well rounded show that was just enough for the small space that is the Troubadour. You wouldn't want to see anything much more try to be fit into that venue. 


This was actually a late birthday present for my girlfriend. I'm glad I got to take her to see her favorite music dude. Trust me, she's nutty for Matt Nathanson! 

7 comments:

  1. Any after an extended period of routine life seem a lot of fun.... but to those who seek excitement as a hobby it might be just normal.... cheap tickets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Concerts are one of the most important and refreshing event for the people. So, people who want to enjoy these type of concert have really fun in their lives. meet & greet luton

    ReplyDelete
  3. How have you managed the time by going on all these concerts? meet and greet luton

    ReplyDelete
  4. The people who work the hardest to achieve maximum results who really believe in what they are doing. Luton cheap parking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matt Nathanson is a good singer and also a songwriter.Airport Car Parking UK

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really in love with all of his albums. A great artist.
    Gatwick airport parking

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. Your Paris concert was breathtaking! I am deeply moved! This was so magnificent. Bravo !!!
    parking Heathrow

    ReplyDelete

Return Of The Dreads Tour

It's been too long. About 10 years since I last saw Rob Zombie .  The first time I had ever seen Rob Zombie was a one off show in at the...