Friday, February 20, 2015

89 Concerts and Counting

89 Concerts and Counting

My name is Daniel Navarro, and I’m pretty enthusiastic about music. In my over 10 years of concert going I’ve been to a wide variety of concerts. This blog will consist of concerts past, present and future. I currently have been to 89 total concerts and have a number of concerts currently lined up. In fact, it was just yesterday that I purchased AC/DC tickets for September 28th 2015. I won’t divulge the overall price, but let’s just say I’ll be sitting in the outfield at Dodger Stadium. You can do the math. I have seen AC/DC once before while they promoted their then newly released Black Ice album. It will be sad this time to see them be without Malcom Young (Rhythm Guitar) and Phil Rudd (Drummer). Though they will be missed, there is a thin silver lining due to the fact that they have the best possible replacements. Chris Slade (Drummer) a former member of AC/DC responsible for the drums on The Razors Edge album with notable track “Thunderstruck” and while keeping it in the family Stevie Young replacing Malcom Young as rhythm guitar. The replacement of Phil Rudd is due to legal issues, and Malcom Young is facing dementia and other health concerns. This concert is months away but I’m super stoked!

As I had mentioned, AC/DC will not be the next concert I attend. In fact I have a concert coming up just next month. I will be attending the Epicenter festival at the
Forum, on March 14th. This concert is a Christmas present from my girlfriend, we will be down in the pit amongst the madness of moshing headbangers. This show has an exciting lineup; Suicidal Tendencies, POD, HopSin, House Of Pain, Limp Bizkit and a personal favorite of mine is the headliner, Korn. I’m an “old Korn” fan. I’m a fan of the first half of Korn’s discography. This would be during the time where some would describe their music as having a “heavier, raw sound”. This would be before they dabbled in more progressive sounds. Not to mention their controversial dubstep laced album. The fact that I’m a fan of Korn’s earlier work makes this show particularly exciting because Korn is going to perform their entire first self-titled album celebrating its 20th anniversary! Very exciting stuff!


 
 
On April 10th, Blue October will be coming around to perform at House Of Blues, Anaheim. This will be the fourth time I have seen Blue October perform live. They are currently promoting their album ‘Sway’ (2013). Not only have I seen them live I’ve gotten the opportunity to shake Justin Furstenfeld’s (lead singer) hand at a solo acoustic show he performed. I also got a signed copy of his book ‘Crazy Making’. They are such a wonderful band to see live. They’ve got a wonderful fan base that has given them the opportunity to continue touring and making albums. Most people are familiar with the songs ‘Hate Me’ and ‘Into the Ocean’ which they never fail to perform.

So yeah! I’ve been to 89 concerts. But here’s my partner in crime Alex who has actually been to more concerts than me. Together we are a dynamic concert duo of awesomeness. She’s actually been to over half of the concerts I’ve been to, and you best bet she’ll be attending many other concerts with me in the future. She’s the little bit of Country to my Rock N’ Roll.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Return Of The Dreads Tour

It's been too long. About 10 years since I last saw Rob Zombie .  The first time I had ever seen Rob Zombie was a one off show in at the...