Friday, March 13, 2015

10 to 100

http://www.faygoluvers.net/v5/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/epicenterfestival031415.jpg
Tomorrow night marks the first concert since I started my blog. This concert also brings me just 10 concerts away from 100. It's a big one! As mentioned in my 89 concerts and counting post. I will be seeing KoЯn, Limp Bizkit, Suicidal Tendencies, P.O.D. and a few others (See Right) at the Epicenter Festival. This concert will bring me back to the recently renovated 'fabulous' Forum in Inglewood, CA. The first show I saw at the Forum actually re-opened the venue; The Eagles: History of The Eagles. What a fantastic performance that was! Truly hope I get to see the Eagles live at least a few more times.

On a non music related note: I actually saw Louis CK at The Forum in January with opener Todd Glass. A common saying is "it's who you know." Turns out that evening I really knew the right person because I went from nose bleeds to sitting on the floor behind the lighting board. That spot also garnered free soda. It was epic and seeing Louis CK was great. However, I think I'll stick to clubs for my future comedy endeavors. It's great that Louis CK can fill half-ish of an arena but it wasn't that fun to see him at one.



Since my last post I have purchased tickets for Kid Rock, with opener Foreigner. It's really sad because in no reality should Foreigner open for Kid Rock, But the sad fact is that Lou Gramm the iconic vocalist for Foreigner is no longer with the band. The guitarist for Foreigner, Mick Jones is the lead now. It's just not the same. I felt the same way when I saw Journey (walked out two songs in, was really only there for Steve Miller Band anyways. sooo yeah...) For me, the front man is everything, and rarely does replacing the lead singer work. Another great example is for the Sublime with Rome concert. Again, you have such an iconic band that was so known for their lead singer. Somehow AC/DC got away with it and there's a couple other bands out there that seemed to have somewhat gotten away with it.

http://stardomreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Shania-Twain.jpg 

I also got myself some Shania Twain tickets. It's been 11 years since she's been out on the road. And according to her it will be her last.
Watch the announcement she made on Good Morning America (youtube link)
As I mentioned in my last post County Concerts I managed to see Shania Twain In Vegas just this last year.

So tomorrow night will bring me back to Sketch Town U.S.A. A.K.A. Inglewood.
!!!!Look forward to next Friday's post, where I can dive into my first full concert review that's fresh in my mind!!!!
Hopefully I can just make it out of the pit in one piece. My girlfriend, Alex, will be joining me and she is very concerned for her life. To be honest, I'm not sure how well I can hold up in a KoЯn pit but if I break anything it will make for a great story! aha

The following concerts are paid and accounted for:
Epicenter Festival tomorrow night!

Jason Aldean and Kenny Chesney in July
Kid Rock and Foreigner in August
Shania Twain In August
AC/DC in September

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return Of The Dreads Tour

It's been too long. About 10 years since I last saw Rob Zombie .  The first time I had ever seen Rob Zombie was a one off show in at the...